coronary spasm
For those of you who battle with spasms, I was wondering if your blood pressure rises much during an attack? Sometimes I have sharp, stabbing pains in my chest which the cardiologist suspects is a spasm although the pain is rather atypical. Lately the pain has come from the chest area and gone out vertically a bit, then I realy feel it in the palm of my hand. I have checked my blood pressure upon occasion when I'm having the pain to see what it is. I always expect it to be high. However it is usually normal or even low. ??? Does this makes sense or is it just different for each person? ??? Could this rather be heartburn? I do take medication for acid reflux but still sometimes it could be triggered, I would think. I would appreciate the thoughts of others on this matter. Thanks!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hi,

i'm not so sure about coronary spasm being caused by reflux.  coronary spasm is a very complex occurance.  blood pressue does play a role, and elevated pressure can trigger spasm.  my doc thinks i was having some instances last week--my bp was running higher than normal.

i've had angina with bp running high, and bp normal (110/60s).  as well, angina with my pulse running in the 50s.

good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
BloodPressure Tracker
Track your Heart Condition
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
370181 tn?1428180348
Blank
RubyWitch Life is short......ride you... Comment