Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Areola revision

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Areola revision
Hi Dr. Rosenberg,

I was wondering in your opinion, when is the earliest time that one can have an areola revision?  In addition to a very visible scar appearing a bit far away from the edge of the areola, the shape itself is also not so round... I can also feel lots of scar tissues around the areola... I had surgery almost 8 weeks ago and am experiencing some complications...so the areola revision is not a top priority for now... but I would like to have the shape corrected as early as possible...

Thank you in advance for your help.
Areolar reshaping should occur when all other complications have resolved and the eight week old scar has fully matured.  I would wait at least six to nine months from now to maximize your chance for the best result.
Thank you very much for your opinion.