Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Boosting up a scarline
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Boosting up a scarline

I'm a 19 year old ileostomate that's had no luck with stoma sites, and have a long 12 inch incision scar that runs perfectly vertical. This scar has created a small divet/trench in my skin, and my ostomy appliance leaks when I bend and move about too much. If this divet were to be filled, it looks like I could bend and move about much more easily - just to get the skin evened. As it stands, it my appliance definitely feels loosened when I sit / stand with good posture. A dermatologist recommended I talk it over with someone in the know - but I was wondering if it were possible to get a filler either injected or put under the skin (like fat) to even things out?  

The ostomy is a temporary type. I don't plan on getting it reversed anytime soon, though when I'm older it might be a nice option someday.

I know I can't repositon my stoma site, because I've had a problem with scar tissue adhesions - and as a result they put Teflon and I think Kevlar strips as well in to keep things in order. So I'm pretty much stuck with what I've got to work with.

What options might be available?
242582_tn?1193616720
You would need to consult with a team including a stoma nurse, a general surgeon and a plastic surgeon about a trial of an injectable filler or the consideration of a scar revision that would be appropriate to see if this provides a water tight seal to the stoma appliance.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank