Cheek bruising
Approximately 2 months ago I fell and smashed my face very badly.  The entire side of my left cheek was badly bruised and swollen greatly.  I am unemployed & have no health insurance so did not seek medical help.  Now there is an area below my left eye, right on the cheek bone there that remains sore & has some twitching and tingling going on in that spot.  You can feel some swelling.  What could this be?  Should I be worried?
As a result of the injury, you probably had an internal bleed into the soft tissues of the cheek.  You could also have sustained a fracture of the cheekbone.  A major sensory nerve (the infraorbital nerve), which supplies sensation to the cheek, exits a small hole just below the rim of the orbital bone in that area and is often involved when the cheek bone is fractured.  Residual scar tissue from a bleed, and possible bruising of the nerve in that area with possible fracture of the cheekbone might explain your symptoms.  

The true diagnosis of these injuries can only be made by a medical examination of the area and X-rays.  At this late stage, the symptoms and the lump will probably resolve without treatment.