Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Cheekbone

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Cheekbone
I was sucker punched on 08/30/08 and had a very painful black eye. I have a few tiny purple veins still apparent on that cheek. I did not seek medical attention at the time, but now I am having what feels like an artheritic pain or numbness in that cheekbone. Is this worth looking into, or is it too late to worry about it now???
With numbness of the cheek after a blow to the eye, there is a possibility that your cheek bone may may have been fractured.  This is due to the involvement of the infraorbital nerve that supplies sensation to the cheek and is often involved with fractures of the cheekbone.  While not a certainty, it is worthwhile to be evaluated for this injury.