Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Chronic Back Pain and Scoliosis
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Chronic Back Pain and Scoliosis

I have Scoliosis and chronic back pain. Over the last 10 years, I have seen an orthopedic surgeon who said he can't do anything for the pain because it is muscular.  I have see a chiropractor and it works only temporarily to relive the pain.  I have seen a physical therapist and my back still hurts.  I have seen a neurologist and she said that the only thing she could do is give me botulism injections into the major muscles of my back every 6 months for the rest of my life.  I have been on muscle relaxers and pain killers until I have developed allergic reactions to them.  I have read articles about having strong stomach muscles to help support the back, and after several pregnancies I don't even have stomach muscles in the right place let alone strong ones.  I was wondering if abdominal wall surgery might help to off-set some the back pain?  Before pregnancy I didn't have this pain.  I work out on a regular basis but I have a hard time doing sit ups and crunches.  Also if you think it would help how would I get insurance to pay for it and who do I start with? a Plastic Surgeon? My Family Physician?

Thank You for your time,
Jennifer