Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Costmetic repair of axillary lymph node removal

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Three months ago I had lymph nodes removed as part of breast cancer diagnosis and I understand that it will take a total of 6 months before the costmetic appearance will be fully known.  The incision was made on the pectoral muscle and has caused the two sides to be lop sided.  I am 50 years old, normal weight and have some sagginess to my skin in that area (pec & axillary).  Can liposuction or axillary resectioning be performed to correct this issue if it becomes necessary and if so, what type of doctor (in addition to plastic surgeons) should I look for?  Thank you.
Scar revision is possible in this area using traditional scar revision techniques with or without liposuction.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon would be your best alternative to determine the best techniques to use to improve the appearance of the area and the proper timing to undergo revision.