Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
FOUND A PAINFUL LUMP AFTER BREAST REDUCTION
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

FOUND A PAINFUL LUMP AFTER BREAST REDUCTION

HI, I HAD A BREAST REDUCTION IN DECEMBER 2006.  BEFORE THEY WOULD DO SURGERY I HAD TO HAVE A MAMOGRAM (mammogram).  IT CAME BACK FINE ONLY WITH A FEW SPOTS THAT THEY SAID WERE CALCIFICATIONS.  SURGERY WENT WELL AND I HAVE RECOVERED.  I CALLED MY SURGEON WITH A CONCERN ON SATURDAY AND SAW HIM ON MONDAY.  I STARTED HURTING ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY IT WAS WORSE.  TODAY THEY PAIN IS A LITTLE WORSE.  IT IS IN MY RIGHT BREAST AND FRIDAY I FELT A LUMP THERE THAT WAS FEELING KIND OF LARGE AND PAINFUL.  HE FELT OF IT AND SAID THAT IT WAS UNUSUAL.  THAT IF IT STILL HURT IN 3 WEEKS WHEN I CAME BACK FOR MY APPT. THEN HE WOULD SCHEDULE ME FOR SOME TESTS.  HE SAID THAT HE DIDN'T THINK IT WAS ANY SORT OF INFECTION BUT HE PRESCRIBED ME ANTIBIOTICS AND HE SAID THAT WHERE IT WAS LOCATED IT THAT IT WAS NOT SCAR TISSUE OR ANYTHING.  I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO THINK AND I AM A LITTLE WORRIED.  HAS ANYONE GOT ANYTHING ON THIS OR HAD IT HAPPEN.  IT IS A RATHER LARGE LUMP AND VERY PAINFUL.

THANKS