Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
How Long do Hematomas take to heal
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How Long do Hematomas take to heal

Hi I got hit by a baseball about 4 weeks ago in the face (on the left cheekbone). The bruising has subsided but there is still a bump on the tip of my cheekbone about a 1/4 inch in length width and thickness. i went to the doctor yesterday and she said that it might take several months to subside but they usually do go away by themselves, especially hematomas this small. however, i am a little concerned, and she isnt a dermatologist. my question is do hematomas this size usually go away by themselves? if not, what should i do to get it removed?