Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
How can I have spider veins removed from my large port wine stain?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How can I have spider veins removed from my large port wine stain?

Hello. I have a very large port wine stain: It stretches from my left foot all the way up to my left hip. With time, more and more spider veins form. I am 22 years old and back in 2002, I had several sessions of pulsed dye laser surgery (about 10 sessions) a month apart each session. I have some scaring and the port wine stain now has polka dots. The red tint of the port wine stain does not bother me, but the uneven dot appearance and the spider veins make me feel uncomfortable. I also had, in 2002, saline water injections (or something similar) to remove the spider veins, but it was not successful. I am six months pregnant and there are concentrated dark red specs appearing on the port wine stain (about a millimeter or two in size each spec). Is there any way of removing the spider veins without extensive pulsed dye laser surgery? Or what is your suggestion in removing the spider veins and smoothing my port wine stain's color? Thank you for your help.

Here are some detailed pictures of my port wine stain: http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20081024