Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Hypertrophic scar on bridge of nose! Please help!

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Hi, I used to have very bad acne. I used apple cider vinegar for about a week, little did I know you could not leave It on and it is acidic. One day I woke up with a huge scab on bridge of my nose , about the size of a thumb nail. In frustration I picked it off and it scarred. The scar is hypertrophic raised and very lumpy and red. I have had vascular lasers, creams, silicone sheets,ect. Nothing seems to be working and it has been a year with no change. My cosmetic surgeon told me he wouldn't perfer to perform scar revision because of it being on the bridge of my nose and covering a good bit of it being hard to keep stitched and Would possibly end up larger or indented. After I heard that I am so down in the dumps and depressed. I don't know what to do with myself and have no last resort now. Please help!!!
I am not sure that I have a guaranteed successful solution for your problem.  Assuming your doctors have also tried a course of steroid injections, you need to weigh the risks of surgical scar revision versus no additional treatment and just time to allow full scar maturation.