Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
I Need Advise

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

I Need Advise

I am a 16 year old living in the UK, recenting visiting a hospital for a ultrasound scan on my breasts because i had discovered three lumps two in one and one in the other. the doctor later told me that they are fibroadenoma, and i was told there is treatment to remove them but the doctor was reluctant to do so bacause of my young age. I have had time to think things over and would prefer to have them removed to help my self confidence. The only thing i am worried about it the scars the surgery will leave, i am wondering if there is a average size of scars left?
The size and location of any scars froma breast biopsy will depend on the size and location of the fibroadenoma to be removed.  A local general surgeon will be able to examine you and provide you with this information.