Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
IPL , burn and allergic reaction

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

IPL , burn and allergic reaction

I did IPL on my face on 12/23, it leave some burn mark, so Dr. used some kind of mask to soothing the burn. and asked me to use some cream which is supposed to treat the burn.  BUt unfortunately, my skin is allergic to the the mark and the cream I used and allergic reaction happen on the burn spot.

Now, big big red pimple all over my face, itchy and light pain. Since my skin is so sensitive, Dr. asked me not to use any cream, and take medicine benadryl.

I also have Hydroxyzine and cream : Lipocream.

which one is more effective?

Currently, I use Benadryl as told.

eventually, will that burn with pimple leave any scar mark or discoloration on my face? Thanks.
If the burn is superficial, you may experience discoloration that will gradually disappear with time.  The specific topical medication should be left to the discretion of your physician,