Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Juvederm migrating

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Juvederm migrating

I had Juvederm ultra plus injected into my top lip, I have previously had Restylane injections. I felt some lumps after wards, so I agressively massaged my lip to prevent bumps. Is it possible that I massaged too much and the Juvederm migrated outside my top lip? If so, I'm scared my top lip won't have the defintion of a pout, it will just look like a blob? Is this a crazy assumption? Also, I I had Dysport injected into two areas on my forehead, and some units around my eyes. Particularly, two units directly under my eye mid pupil, to help with the undereye squinting pull. I really was trying to make my eyes like more open and awake, I quit smoking in January, and I feel that the expression I made when I inhaled a cigarette somewhat "stuck" on my face. She also put four units directly under the outside corner of my eyebrow, and some at almost my scalp. I don't feel like it has kicked in at all, and it's been two days. I feel as if my eye lid (not forehead) is droopier, but this could be because of the swelling where she injected it. I have welps on my forehead, and I'm sore at the injection sites, particularly between my brows. I called her and asked her if it is possible that the product migrated from my glabella area to above my eyebrows, causing the heavy feeling, and she assured my that the glabella muscles are thick and the product wouldn't migrate. How long does it take for the product to "set"? I want to massage my forehead, but I'm scared I will be moving the product around. Help anyone?
Your concerns are so detailed, that you clearly need to be personally evaluated by the injector of your Dysport and Juvederm.  In general, it is not a good idea to massage areas of injection except at the time of the injection and only when performed by the person injecting you.  While Dysport acts very quickly, after only two days you may be expecting too much.  However, Dysport does tend to migrate much more readily than Botox, so I disagree with comment made by your injector.