Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Labia Fibroma

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Labia Fibroma

I have NF1, and recently have seen an increase in the number of fibromas.  I have large one, probably the largest on my body, on the outer labia.( it's the size of a large gumball) I've noticed that it has grown over the past year.
My Gyn/OB, didn't examine it for size or growth, when I went for my annual visit.
At what point would it be removed, and what are the other reasons for not removing it, while it's at this size. I can't seem to get an answer anywhere. It seems that this is a taboo question or topic? And what area of medicine would do the surgery? Derm, Gyn, plasic?
Tags: fibroma, labia
This is a gynecologist issue and should be treated by him/her.