Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Lip scar tissue
I'm having some problems. When I was about 3 years old, I cut my lip open on a glass table. I was taken to the hospital and had stitches put in and everything healed just fine. I'm 18 almost 19 now and suddenly out of no where about two months ago, a small white lump appeared at the bottom of the small scar I have on my lip from the incident from when I was three. My mom is a nurse and from what I had told her she had told me it was likely scar tissue and with time and a little massaging it would go away. So I followed her advice and have been massaging it on and off for last two weeks. However, I woke up to a nasty surprise this morning. The lump seemed to have at least doubled in size. It is now swollen, sore and utterly unsightly. Should I try to meet with a plastic surgeon? I can't walk around with this nasty thing on my lip forever.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242582 tn?1193616720
Yes, see a plastic surgeon.  You probably have a mucous cyst that has enlarged, but a definite diagnosis can only be made after an examination by a physician.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now