Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Liposuction despite being very overweight

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

I am in the process of trying to lose weight. I carry weight trhoughout my entire body. I would love to have liposuction done on my upper arms. In the past when my weight was normal I still had huge upper arms. It is very hard to find clothes, ect. Is it possible to have the procedure even thought I am not an ideal candidate?
I ilke to perform liposuction on patients who plan to loose some weight following the procedure.  The internal early scarring from the liposuction helps with skin shrinkage that may not occur with weight loss alone.  Check with a local plastic surgeon to see if you area candidate for inner arm liposuction.