Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Lumps after SmartLipo

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Lumps after SmartLipo
I had the SmartLipo procedure a little less than 2 weeks ago.  I feel great, and am not feeling any more soreness. However, aside from some normal bruising that I have, I also feel some lumps on the areas that I had done.  I'm probably just being paranoid...but would still like to make sure that this is normal.  Also, I was advised to massage the areas that I had done.  Is that really helpful?
Lumps are always present after any form of liposuction in the early months.
I too have recently had smart lipo.  This is my second time.  I also had lumps both times.  I found that they completely dissapear over time.  I cant remember how long it took but I had the proceedure for the first time a year ago and I have no lumps now in the ares I had done then.  As for the massaging I suppose it helps break the lumps down and helps circulation in the areas worked on.  I have to say I hated massaging these areas and still do but I try to do it because of the benefits.