Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Massive Swelling after TT
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Massive Swelling after TT

I had my tt on 4-17-07. I have never been flat, as a matter of fact, on most days, I look about 4-6mos pregnant.

I am concerned that this is my final result although my surgeon says that the swelling will last for months. My swelling seems most abnormal, massive really, especially since I have never ever ever been flat, not one day.

Does anyone know of anyone that has had massive swelling, and continues to have massive swelling even almost 3 months later, and has never been flat, but does get to flatlands eventually?

Am I on the road to another tt?

Thanks, Jay
Related Discussions
242582_tn?1193616720
Three months is a very long time to remain swollen after a tummy tuck.  While some minor swelling will be present at three months, you should really see the results by now.  Check before and after photos and consult with your surgeon or get another opinion.
2 Comments
Blank
It's 7-13-07. I also had a tt , on 4-19-07. My swelling is not "massive" but it's there, nonetheless.  I've had 3 children, and never been flat either.  At 5'3", I weighed 200lbs before surgery. I weigh 188lbs now. The doctor has drawn fluid off my abdomen 1 time, and tried 2 more times. I wear the binder 24/7, and I have a swollen lower abdomen- still. It's what i call a "bubble", & fits into both hands.
It doesn't feel like a fluid pocket to me.
I wanted to ask several times, "Is this it?", "Is this my results?". Yes, it's better than before, but somewhere in my mind I had hoped for flatness! Will it ever go away?
I'm sorry you're going through it too, but was glad to see I'm not the only one!
What's up with the "bubble" doc's?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...