Aa
A
A
Close
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
My liposuction didn't work
I had liposuction on my waist and a what my doctor called a "modified tummy tuck." The doctor (very well known and board certified in cosmetic surgery)  removed skin but did not tighten the muscles. I am three months past surgery and my waist still measures a full 30 inches across. There is no change at all. I am slightly swollen over the incision line but my waist is not swollen. I weigh 115 lbs and had the procedure to reduce my waist since it was not in proportion to my body. I eat right and exercise and look great except for the thick waist. Even though the doctor did the "modified" tummy tuck, my upper abs still protrude out. This cost me $9,000. Is there any hope for the waist measurement to still go down?
Thank you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
242582 tn?1193616720
Your waist may go down, if there is still swelling present. Many physicians will tighten the rectus fascia irregardless of the procedure being a full or modified abdominoplasty.  You should discuss this with your sugeon.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.