Nail prosthesis
Hi, I lost my right big toe nail about 15 years ago, it was ingrown so the Dr decided to remove it - the root as well-. I've been very self conscious over the years, because I can't wear sandals or walk bare feet, if I do I put a band aid on my toe, but then everybody ask what happened to my toe. I did have a fake toe nail put on at some point, it looked good, but after maybe 2 days my toe would get red and very itchy - from the glue I guess- .  Is there any option for me, some kind of toe nail implant that I could have?
Thank you very much!
Replacement of a nail with complete loss of the nail growth matrix would be a formidable challenge, if not impossible.  Keep trying with artificial techniques.