Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Pain on right side after tummy tuck

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Pain on right side after tummy tuck

I had a tummy tuck in January.  I have been having periodic pain on my right side.  I thought it was my ovary but only found a small cyst with ultrasound.  The pain is tender to the touch and when I use my stomach muscles. My question is...is it common to have pelvic pain after a tummy tuck?  The area still feels a little numb.  Could it be just the numbness is wearing off?  I don't feel it has anything to do with the tummy tuck because everything seems to be going just fine.  I can see the pain association with my ovulation and periods.  However, the pain when I use my stomach muscles does not make since if it was a ovary....does it?  I am 36.
At virtually six months since your tummy surgery, the healing from the tummy tuck is essentually complete.  The pain is not likely from this procedure and you are correct in thinking it is primarily gynecological in nature.
1 Comment
A related discussion, Pain 3 yrs after tummy tuck was started.