Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Painful hanging skin!
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Painful hanging skin!

I've struggled with my weight for most of my life. I'm currently 5'6 215lbs, with a lot of muscle but I have probably 20-30 lbs of hanging skin on my mid-section. I have went to 2 different plastic surgeons now, one told me that he didn't think that my body would allow me to continue to lose weight much past 210lbs, and the other plastic surgeon said I was a great candidate for a Beltectomy (which is a 360 degree skin removal around the belt area. The problem is that this skin hurts me, I am by nature a very active individual. I love working out, taking dance classes, climbing mountains, but I can't do all of this because of my skin. While working out I often wear many tight layers to hold the skin in so it won't bounce or move because its painful. Also, I often get yeast infections inbetween my folds, without insurance until recently I would always use rubbing alcohol to dry it up and place toilet paper in them to keep it dry.
My question is, is there a way a doctor would call this a physical problem so my insurance would cover it? I just want to be able to run, jump, and live without the pain of my skin.
I eat very healthy and exercise daily but the skin has control of my body. Please help :(
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979