Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Painful lumps

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Painful lumps

I originally had my breast reduction on 08-16-07. It took eight hours. I saw the doctor everyday he was open for two weeks. My breast were becoming more infected, and I was operated on again two weeks after my first surgery. I was awake during this procedure. It was very painful and very eye opening! Within the next week this doctor placed me in the hospital under the care of an Infectious Disease doctor. I was sent home 7 days later with Homehealth. By Monday I went to another plastic surgeon who had done surgery on my hand a few years back. I was placed back in the hospital that day on heavier antibiotics. Once I was well enough for another surgery in October this doctor performed it. I still have problems with pain, redness, and now I have two lumps: one in the right breast and one in the left. Ifound the right one about two months ago. The left one I found about a week ago. I don't want to get sick again. What should I do? Should I go back to by (2nd) Surgeon or go to an Ob-Gyn?
The lumps are probably related to scar tissue or fat necrosis following your reduction and subsequent infection. they need to be evaluated by your second surgeon.