Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Pectus Excavatum surgery for men
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Pectus Excavatum surgery for men

I have a similar case as the 19 year old male. I have also been considering cosmetic surgery for Pectus Excavatum. I to have a VERRY slight case and also have questions. I do understand that It would be an elective surgery and that it is not the best decision. I do however have a slight disfiguring in the center middle of my chest that i have been insecure about for a long time. I would like to have it fixed
1. What is involved with a strictly cosmetic surgery? are there different options?
2. If i chose to put on quite a bit more mussel would that effect how natural the center of my chest looked?
3. how long would it take to be able active again, IE lifting heavy weights, playing sports?
4. what risks are involved?
5. what should i expect the costs to be?

Thank you for your help!