Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Pinky finger surgery

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Pinky finger surgery

I had surgery on my pinky about two weeks ago and i was in a cast from the middle of my fore arm to my finger. After a week the doctors told me to take it off. Once it was of i was told my the doctor to try and make a fish which i cant do beacuse my finger wont let me. I want to know if i will ever be able to make a fish again of have full motion in it.
Joint stiffness after finger surgery is common.  Your physician should refer you to an occupational therapist to increase your range of motion.