Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Poland syndrome pro bono
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Poland syndrome pro bono

Hi, I am a 31 year old male and have been struggling with a deformity. I am unsure what the exact term for it is, but based on my research the closest seems to be partial polands syndrome.   I am completely missing my left pectoral muscle, and I need to have a procedure done for my own emotional well being.   I avoid people, I fail in relationships and I just generally want to be able to enjoy my life, but my world revolves around my deformity.   I cannot afford any type of procedure, and have contacted local surgeons regarding the potential for a pro bono procedure or even offered to advertise for them as payment.   I would be willing to be televised even though I would be humiliated just to eventually have some sense of normalcy.   I understand that there are all kinda of various costs involved with a 'cosmetic' procedure, and am wondering if there are any charitable organizations out there that specialize in this type of assistance.   Any information would be greatly appreciated.