Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Polande syndrome surgery

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Polande syndrome surgery

Hello. I need your help.
I’m 20 years old male and I have a Poland syndrome (namely, the absence of both pectoral muscles on one side without deformation of the chest).  I want to do a surgery. I know that broadest muscle of back can be transplanted to the front. On this occasion, I want to ask two important questions for me.
First question: is the growth of the transplanted muscle possible in the future if I train it?
Second question: is the broadest muscle of back transplanted fully during operation, or only part of it is transplanted (meaning, whether the cavity is formed behind in this case?)
PS: I want to do the surgery as soon as possible, after specifying these details.
Thanks a lot! I hope to get your help