Possible broken cheekbone
I was recently received a punch to the corner of my eye or cheekbone. A small marble like swell appeared immediately with substantial swelling coming up over night. Over the past 10 days the cheek has improved substantially however I still have the small lump (though it has softened somewhat) and a very red eye ball on the side the contact occured.

I have had no vision impairments or associate symptoms. I have no ongoing pain in the area.

A friend of mine is a chiropractor and conducted a quick X-Ray 3 days after then incident that appeared to show no breaks.  I have also since seen a doctor who advised me that the symptoms should mend completely over the next 2 weeks.

I am now slightly concerned as a work colleague has advised me that he had a similar break that an initial X-ray failed to show up.  He also advised me that these types of breaks need to be attended within a week or so (it has now been 10 days).

Is it worth getting a specialist opinion now or is it too late anyway?

Specialized views of the face are required to determine if there is a fracture of the maxilla (so-called trimalar fracture) or a zygomatic arch fracture.  I doubt that the chiropractors X-rays are sufficient or properly interpreted.  If there is a fracture, it is not too late for care.  I recommend a consultation with a plastic surgeon or otolaryngologist.