Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Problem healing after thigh lift
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Problem healing after thigh lift

I had thigh lift surgery recently. My stitches were taken out after ten days. Five days later, I noticed areas of the groin incisions on both legs were opening. A few days later, one incision opened completely and I could see several inches into my buttocks. My surgeon said it had to do with the internal stitches, maybe a reaction or allergy to the material. He put in several stitches and said the other areas should heal more before he stitches them. Seven days later, several of the stitches have "loosened" and he has to tighten them. Now they are loose again and I felt one pop on the other leg. I am over a month post-op. I am malabsorbtive due to duodenal switch surgery. Is my nutrition issue causing this? I know I rarely eat the daily 60 gr of protein that I am supposed to. I didn't have this problem with the DS or tummy tuck. Although I did have a problem with a stitch that didn't dissolve on my breast reduction.