Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
QUESTION

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

QUESTION

I am a 40 year old woman and I was wondering if you could help me out with a little concern. Tomorrow I am going to have liposuction and a tummy tuck done. So I had to get some blood work done and everything came out fine except my MPV level was a bit low. It was 7.3. I was wondering if I should be worried about something drastic happening during the surgery due to this?

Thank You,
lolalopez12
Your physician ho ordered this test should be responsible for advising you about the significance of this test.  It will probably have no effect on your surgery, but should be reviewed with your surgeon.