Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Second hernia repair

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Second hernia repair
I had hernia surgery a year ago, not too long after the surgery i realized that it was back. I didn't think anything about it, but the past month I have had really bad pain, worse pain than when I got it fixed the first time. The doctor just used permanent sutures the first time, is there any way that I could have this surgery without having to have the mesh screen put in this time? Also, my abdominal muscles are separated pretty bad, could I ask the general surgeon about diastasis repair?
Your question is too vague to answer properly.  Exactly what kind and location of hernia repair are you alluding to (? inguinal, umbilical).  If a true hernia, the question should be addressed to a general surgeon and not a plastic surgeon.
Inguinal hernia