Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Skinny ankles
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Skinny ankles

My calves are nicely shaped but I have very skinny ankles..they are so unattractive to me that I have not worn shorts or skirts that come to or above my knees since i was 11yrs old.. the best term to describe them is "chicken legs". My question is is there any sort of plastic surgery that can be performed to add tissue, fat or whatever to build them up?
Related Discussions
242582_tn?1193616720
This is a somewhat unusual request.  It may be possible to fill the area with fat transfer grafting, but I have no experience with this procedure in that location.  
3 Comments
Blank
I have the same issue....really wish there was something available to fix it but I have scanned the internet for over 5 years and nothing. I guess we will continue to wear long skirts and slacks!
Blank
There is a procedure that adds fat from your own body to you ankles, by doing a sort of liposuction  in any part of your body and place in your ankles.
This is called "enxerto de tornozelo" in Brazil.

Good luck in your search!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...