Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Slightly indented scar on my nose tip

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Slightly indented scar on my nose tip

I am Asian and now is 32 years old. 4 months ago I was cleaning my nose, I accidentally scratched my nose tip.When the scab fell off, I found that the area(I believe it is a scar) which is pink and slightly indented(the depth is around 0.01mm). The area width is about 0.5 cm. In addition, I found that the area becomes more reddish after taking shower or when I feel very hot. At the first week after the wound closed, I did not use sunscreen for first week and went out for outdoor activities. After I know that it is important to keep it out of the sun, I apply sunscreen every day when I go outdoor activities. Also, I have used some gel which are mainly used to make the red marks fade before I sleep.

During my research from internet, it claims that scar maturation takes at least 6 months to 1 year. Does it eventually become permanent indented scar(I believe it must)?
For the redness, will it eventually go away? I am getting mad about it as it is in the centre of my nose.
The indented scar is very noticeable(sunken) when I observe it under light.
Also, the texture is rough.
As I know scar cannot be removed completely, what treatment can I do to improve the appearance?

Raymond
Tags: scar, tip, nose, red, redness