Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Stitch left in after surgery?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stitch left in after surgery?

My daughter just had a minor surgery and the wound is looking great but at the end of the wound is a piece of string about an inch long sticking out. I thought they used disolvable stitches because she never had to go back in to get any taken out. She won't go back to see the surgeon again for another few weeks. I'm worried that this string will catch on something. It doesn't look like it's supposed to be there. Will it go away on its own or will the doctor have to somehow take it out?