Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Too many fibroadenomas to count - mastectomy/implants?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Too many fibroadenomas to count - mastectomy/implants?

I have MANY lumps in my breasts, and I have had several biopsies - all fibroadenomas.  HOWEVER - they keep increasing in number so much so that doing self-exams is pointless, and if I were to get them all biopsied/resected I would have no breast tissue left!  They get REALLY painful around my periods, too.  In addition, one of the lumpectomies that I had left me with a breast full of blood clots and scar tissue - the whole thing is rock hard!  I have SERIOUSLY considered just have all of my breast tissue removed and then getting implants - to have so many lumps before the age of 35 makes me really afraid of CA!  Nevertheless, I know what mastectomies lead to (edema) - I just do not know what to do!  My physician has not really had any helpful advice, other than "let me know if they start bothering you" - well, they are bothering me, a fact that I have vocalized.  The response was "it is normal for them to be painful around your cycle" - I get burning pain....and normal or not, I do not like it!  Any suggestions?