Too many fibroadenomas to count - mastectomy/implants?
I have MANY lumps in my breasts, and I have had several biopsies - all fibroadenomas.  HOWEVER - they keep increasing in number so much so that doing self-exams is pointless, and if I were to get them all biopsied/resected I would have no breast tissue left!  They get REALLY painful around my periods, too.  In addition, one of the lumpectomies that I had left me with a breast full of blood clots and scar tissue - the whole thing is rock hard!  I have SERIOUSLY considered just have all of my breast tissue removed and then getting implants - to have so many lumps before the age of 35 makes me really afraid of CA!  Nevertheless, I know what mastectomies lead to (edema) - I just do not know what to do!  My physician has not really had any helpful advice, other than "let me know if they start bothering you" - well, they are bothering me, a fact that I have vocalized.  The response was "it is normal for them to be painful around your cycle" - I get burning pain....and normal or not, I do not like it!  Any suggestions?
I think a good option would be for you to see a general surgeon who has expertise on breast disease.  Implants alone do not make sense.  In the past, patients with high risk of breast cancer and repeated problems were offered a procedure called a subcutaneous mastectomy with immediate reconstruction.  This removed most of the breast tissue, but left the nipple and breast shape.  This is a major deal that has its own complicatiions and risks and should not be undertaken lightly.  I think you need more expert advise about your current breast problems and syptoms before considering any surgical alternative.