Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
Voluntary penectomy desired

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Voluntary penectomy desired

I woul very much like to have my penis removed. I have wanted this since I was 20 (I'm 25 now). I have tried contacting plastic surgery clinics but they never seem to reply. I just think I would be happier psychologically with it gone, although I'm not sure why. I live in the UK, so could I have this done abroad? I believe the absence of my penis would also be more hygienic. Please take this seriously - I've tried to talk to people about getting it done but everyone thinks I'm joking, which I'm obviously not!
Reassignment surgery for transgender individuals is a recognized procedure.  You would need to seek the services of such a specialist in your area.
Reassignment surgery is a big deal, and if you're "not sure why" you'd feel better with it gone, you probably shouln't do it.  I know that when you make a serious decision to visit a specialist about it, they send you through...I think 1-2 years of counseling first.  If after that you're CERTAIN why you want this procedure, then they do it.  If you're not having luck on the phone with them, you should go into the office and set an appointment with the receptionist.