Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
What To Do?

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

What To Do?
Dear Doctor:

On September 13, 2010, Dr. Jason Swerdloff performed a Lifestyle Lift procedure in Tampa, Florida. In January, 2011,  I contacted the Tampa office and advised them that I was still experiencing numbness where the incisions had been made, tingling sensations in various places on my face, periodic shooting, pin-prick-like pains, a pulling sensation when I moved my head up and to the left and right. I also told them that I felt a constant pressure from the incision areas and that time would heal the wounds. Over two years has passed, and the symptoms continue.  I have consulted four American Board of Plastic Surgery physicians, all of whom told me that there was nothing Ithat could be done surgically; in fact, they all agreed that any surgical revision would very likely not improve my condition, but might make it worse. Dr. Swerdloff suggested that I see a neurologist, who had prescribed Cimbalta and Lyrica, both of which were ineffective. Do you have any suggestions.

Thank you for your help,

Sincerely, ES