Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
axillary breast tissue
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

axillary breast tissue

I had mine removed 12 weeks ago. This is a cosmetic procedure. Before the procedure, the right side is bigger than the left. After the procedure, there is significant improvement in how they look, but the right is still slightly bigger than the left. Questions:
1. When a surgeon performs the operation, is it obvious (visually) which is breast tissue and fatty tissue? My concern is whether he removed everything that was there. He seemed to be pretty confident when I asked him 3-4 times. I'm beginning to think I'm annoying.
2. As I have axillary breast tissue, I was wondering what normal female chest anatomy looks like. With my arms down at the side, would there be "something" visible between the breast & upper arm (front view) ? What about side view?