Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
axillary breast tissue

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

axillary breast tissue
I had mine removed 12 weeks ago. This is a cosmetic procedure. Before the procedure, the right side is bigger than the left. After the procedure, there is significant improvement in how they look, but the right is still slightly bigger than the left. Questions:
1. When a surgeon performs the operation, is it obvious (visually) which is breast tissue and fatty tissue? My concern is whether he removed everything that was there. He seemed to be pretty confident when I asked him 3-4 times. I'm beginning to think I'm annoying.
2. As I have axillary breast tissue, I was wondering what normal female chest anatomy looks like. With my arms down at the side, would there be "something" visible between the breast & upper arm (front view) ? What about side view?
You can distinguish breast tissue from fatty tissue.  However, usually when direct resection of axillary tissue is performed, the tissue is removed as one piece ("en bloc").  there might be slightly more swelling or extra skin on one side versus the other, even at 12 weeks post-op.
A related discussion, in my axila [both]assessary mammary gland present.itis 10cmlength and 5cm width.some time i am getting shoulder pain.is there any relation between both of this? was started.
I have these breast tissues in my both armpits and when I had my baby and breast feeding , milk were coming out from there too. I feel so much uncomfortable trying to close my arms. I want to have them removed but I don't know if it will affect my having more children and also breast feeding, also if they are going to come out again if I become pregnant again. I really need to know. Thank you.