Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
belly button hernia and tummy tuck?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

belly button hernia and tummy tuck?

I just visited a doctor for a consultation for a tummy tuck when I found out that
I have a hernia in my belly button.  now that I think about things, I do have some
weird things going on that may be associated to it.  I am going to contact my doctor,
but i wonder if a tummy tuck maybe done while getting the hernia replaced.  Obviously,
my insurance won't cover cosmetic, but a hernia I'm sure.  Just wondering if I can
kill two birds with one stone.
Related Discussions
242582_tn?1193616720
Repair of an umbilical hernia can certainly be performed at the same time as a tummy tuck.  The extent of insurance coverage will depend on your policy and the nature of your coverage.  You should obtain prior authorization with the help of you physician to determine coverage before the procedure.
3 Comments
Blank
Hi yes you can kill two birds with one stone your doctor can submit it as a necessary procedure since you have to have the hernia removed any way.  I just had a tuck and a hernia removed at the same time and not only did it save me money it saved me time.  Good luck
Blank
what kind of hernia did you have?  
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank