Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
belly button

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

belly button
I have found a knot in my navel and when I press on it there is pain under my belly. It feels like someone is putting an electric shock thru my lower stomach. What could this be. It has grown about an inches in the last week.When I lay down you can not see it or feel it. But when I stand up it appears.
You have what is known as a pre-peritoneal umbilical hernia (or potentially a real umbilical hernia).  This is something that can be repaired surgically in a relatively easy operation.  Ask your primary physician to refer you to a general surgeon who can diagnose and treat this problem.