Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
breast augmentation redo or lift?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

breast augmentation redo or lift?

I had breast augmentation 8 yrs ago. I was a 38B and had mentor saline 450cc filled to 480cc placed over the muscle.  I have gained 40 pounds since I had them done.  I wear a 38DD Victoria Secrets bra now. I love the size, but they are beginning to sag. I would like to have them redone.  I had a consultation and the physician recommended a breast lift instead, as I have had no problems with my implants. Money is an issue.  If I just had the implants replaced with a larger implant under the muscle would I also have to have a lift, or would the larger size make up for the excess skin? I know that implants are like shoes....they wear out and have to be replaced.  With the age of my implants which would give me the best results for my money? How long would a lift be lifted?