Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
broken cheekbone

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

broken cheekbone

I broke my right cheekbone in a fall recently. I did wait a week prior to getting any medical attention as I tend to try to tough things out (I don't recommend waiting.) I did go to my GP and was told I need a CT scan to confirm her diagnosis.  
I had that one week and 2 days after the fall, scan did confirm break, and was sent to plastic surgeon to repair the damage.  However since the accident I have had symptoms of a sinus infection though I have been on antibiotics and doctors can not find infection. At 2 1/2 weeks after the accident I met the plastic surgeon and was in surgery within a day.
Since the surgery I have been unable to sleep and have terrible pain and jaw popping as well. It I'd almost as if I did not have surgery except I paid for it and had extra pain. I am not happy with his attitude either he said things that made me think that he knew that he didnt repair my cheek correctly and the lack of concern for my wellbeing bothered me.
The plastic surgeon did surgery, however failed to repair the dent in my cheek or to relieve any of the problems. When I asked him what the plan was since this is not what I felt was a good end result, I was told.... " it is what it is."
Should I see another plastic surgeon? Or is there a different doctor that I need to look for? I am in Nashville which has a huge medical community. I just feel lost in the direction of where to turn to, or if I should.

It is clearly advisable to obtain a second opinion about the status of your fracture.