chin capsular contracture
Hello, I had a chin augment w/scar in my mouth and it was infected and had to be removed by week 6. i was concerned about the aftermath of not having a strong chin and now the potential of having a saggy chin due to the removal. my doctor said he would inject fat no problem, no charge, but that my body's formation of a capsule around the implant he would leave in and he said, "it just may give me the chin that i am looking for" -- and indeed, it did -- i have no complaints. however, from research, i have not heard of such a capsule forming around a chin implant and am thinking that maybe this so-called capsule will fade over time.. can you give me some insight into this issue? i.e., could this really be a capsule? and will it fade over time?
Every foreign object implanted into our bodies produces a scar tissue capsule that walls off the implant.  When the implant is removed, the scar tissue capsule is often resorbed, but a remnant of the scar tissue may remain, creating no problems
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.