Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
concered about my breast reduction

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

concered about my breast reduction

I got my reduction 3 weeks ago. One of my breasts has a large indent (about 3-4 inches long) above the breast. The breast is also noticeably smaller. The Dr says everything will settle but I'm not feeling confident because the indent seems to be getting bigger and bigger. I also like the bigger breast better, Has anyone else had this problem and is there a way to fix the smaller indented breast???? Thank you
Tags: reduction
You will not be able to fully assess the results of your breast reduction for four to six months.  Irregularities and asymmetry can best be addressed at that time.  Often much of early asymmetries correct themselves with full healing, settling of tissues and scar fmaturation.  The range of possibilities for correction can run from additional surgery including liposuction to fat grafting.  This will need to be discussed with your surgeon.
Hi, I had my breast reduction for 4 months and the breast are still settleing. What I have read this can continue for a couple of months and sometimes up to a year after surgery. I would talk to the surgeon that did the surgery if your breast are still the same and you are not happy with the results in 6-8 weeks.