Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
cosmetic surgery of the finger

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

cosmetic surgery of the finger

hello Doc.

i am 23 and working as a research officer in Mumbai, India. on 17th Sep, 2008 i faced an accident and my left middle finger was amputed. with the suggestion of my plastic surgeon i had taken the decision.

i am very much interested for cosmetic surgery of the finger. can you please help me out in this regard in detail as what is the possibilty, what are the procedure, after how many months i could go for the operation and other detail.

looking forward

thanks
Raisa
It is possible to undergo a toe to finger microvascular transplant.  A hand surgeon would be able to advise you about the possibilities of this complex surgery.