Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
foot surgery

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

foot surgery

I was set to have foot surgery and it was cancel because my A1C was 8.2.  I have been going between 7.7 and 8.5.  The surgery was to try and pin my second toe again.  The 1st time tried it wouldn't turn pink after the surgery.  The other part is toe won't go down, plus the joint at the base is still loose.

Why is it such a issue with the A1c?  Also is there anything else that can be done with a dislocated, crooked toe.  I experience pain at the joint.  The surgeon did cut the bone to shorten the second toe with the 1st surgery.

1 Comment
do you have thoughts on this?