Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
getting pregnant after hernia repair and tummy tuck surgery

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Last year 2007(jan), i had my hernia repair(without mesh) and tummy tuck surgery.  I am mother of 2 kids.  Now i have plan to go for another baby.  so, i need the answer for the following questions,
1.  What will happen if i plan for having a baby?
2.  Will my body cooperate to go through upto full term delivery?
3.  How much i will get hurt, when my tummy gets expands during the prenancy?
4. Is it possible for me to carry a fetus till my due date without any problem?
5.  Is it good idea to have baby now?

Please i need help for my questions.
thanks.
Having had the abdominoplasty will have no bearing on your ability to carry a baby to term.  However, do expect that the tightened muscle fascia will re-stretch, so that you will loose the flatness you have achieved after the surgery.