Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
hernia appeared after liposuction
About This Forum:

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hernia appeared after liposuction

hello.  Eight months ago I had breast reduction and abdominal liposuction surgery. After which my surgeon told me 2 liters of fat had been removed. I am 54 yo and weighed around 170 lb. I was told post op that my stomach was swollen. 6 months later I questioned the dr. about what bump in abdomen was. She told me I had a hernia. Now my stomach is protruding worse than it did pre- liposuction.  Is it possible my liposuction caused this to appear? What do you recommend I do next? Both my family Dr. and surgeon said it isn't necessary to do anything about the hernia. I paid out of pocket for this liposuction and I look worse now than before that large outlay of cash.