Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery Expert Forum
my flat head in the back

Questions in the Cosmetic Surgery forum are answered by Dr. Howard Rosenberg and Dr. Wolfeld. Topics include bariatric surgery reconstruction, breast augmentation, chemical peels, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, face lift, nose reconstruction, and tummy tucks.

my flat head in the back
i have a flat head , can samthig be done about it ?

help
Re-arranging the skull in an adult is too complex, too expensive, and almost never performed.
Hi friend,
Say I just saw a program on Discovery Health about amazing stories of survival that baffled the medical profession. One of the cases was a boy that had a huge portion of his brain shot off. No one thought he would live but he did! He was quite disturbed though about the missing portion of his skull and brain. He had worse than a flat skull! Eventually this plastic surgeon gave him a implant similar to a breast implant but not soft and squishy. He first used a tissue expander much like they use for breast omplanbts if there isn't enough skin to cover a larer implant and eventually he was fitted w the "skull" implant. His hair even grew over the area. You literally could not tell he had an implanted skull! It was amazing. I am sure this took multiple sugeries done over a period of time and I am also sure no PS would do this lightly so unless your deformity is truly severe I wouldn't worry about it. Everyones skull is shaped a little different and we tend to see our own flaws as much worse than other people see them. Talk to some surgeons and see what they say after they take a look. Ask you family and friends too.Without seeing you I can't say whether I think you would need something this drastic! However having just seen the show about it yesterday I thought I'd share it with yoy!
Good Luck!
Seroma
A related discussion, flat back of head was started.
A related discussion, Long head body organ ... was started.